Spring is nearly upon us, which means Earth Day is around the corner - We’re excited to announce the fourth annual Down to Earth celebration on April 27, 2014! Over 4000 people attended in 2013 and we expect an even larger crowd in 2014.
This community-wide event – hosted by the Hanover Association of Businesses & Chamber of Commerce and Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World – is designed to:
- educate our community about creative and practical ways to recycle/reuse
- showcase local partners who are committed to reducing our carbon footprint with environmentally friendly practices
- feature seminars that benefit both business and homes on topics like composting and planting
- educate on nature conservation and preservation
- engage children in activities such as a scavenger hunt, a nature walk and dumpster painting
Please contact the HABCC office at (804) 798-8130
or Melissa@habcc.com with any questions.